Thursday, October 16, 2008

Writing to the saints


As promised, here is the first scriptural reference which may be used for Lectio Divina. Remember to set the scene by choosing a suitable place for your prayer, putting out a bible, and perhaps a candle, and finding a comfortable place to be seated.

Find the letter of Paul to the Ephesians 1:1-10

To make it easy, I've included an on-line version of this scripture passage, but feel free to use a bible if you have one handy. Follow the steps outlined in the blog article from yesterday, and try these questions to help you understand and situate the passage.
  • Paul addresses this passage to saints. Can I see myself as one of the saints to whom these words are spoken?
  • This passage speaks of God's plan for his people; a plan to redeem me, to forgive me and to shower grace upon me. How does this make me feel?
After you have completed the process, what were the highlights of this moment of prayer? What insights have been gained? For what are you thankful?

No comments: