Monday, October 13, 2008

Making it easy


A few weeks ago, I received an unexpected phone call. Now, let's be clear, most phone calls these days are 'unexpected' in one way or another, but this one truly held a surprise. On the other end of the line was a lady from Saint Francis Xavier University in Sydney, NS.

She had received my name from someone who lived in these parts, and who obviously thought enough of me to recommend that I might be able to help with the Continuing and Distance Education program at St.FX. 'Would I consider,' she wanted to know, 'acting as a local contact for students who are enrolled in the Diploma in Ministry program'.

Shortly after that conversation, I received a book entitled The Shack, and was told that it would be a REALLY good read. Right, I read it in a matter of days, something which, considering the fact that I seldom get enough time to sit tranquilly with a book these days, is saying something about how well written this book is.

If you've ever pondered questions like, 'How can I understand the Trinity', this book is for you. It explains in one of the most simple fashions such mysteries as building community, loving one another and teamwork.

Find a copy and have a read. It's worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.